Monday, July 1, 2013

Coming up

The pile of books on my reading pile never seems to grow smaller.  I thought I might use this quick post to list the books I will read over the next couple of weeks so you know what is coming up.

We have our library donate-a-book early next term and with over 900 new books ready for our display I have plenty of books to read.

Today I started Keeper by Kathi Appelt which I am enjoying.  The writing style is stretching me.  The reader needs to work hard with this book to fill in the gaps and allow details to emerge slowly.  We have had this book in our school library for quite a while. It keeps getting borrowed but so far no students have come back and talked to me.  I suspect this might be because this book requires some perseverance.

Other books I plan to read soon are :

Definitely no ducks by Meg McKinlay - I did enjoy Duck for a day so I expect this one to be a treat.
Slob by Ellen Potter - the cover intrigues me
Wild Wings by Gill Lewis - Kirkus describes this as a powerful story
Pie by Sarah Weeks - anther intriguing cover and it contains recipes for pie! which if you have ever read my blog you will know greatly appeals to me
Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool - since this is a Newbery winner I have to read it.
View from the 32nd floor by Emma Cameron - I just read the first two pages of this Australian novel and I am hooked
The luck of the Buttons by Anne Ylvisaker
The Summer of May by Cecilia Galante


No comments: